Assistance Available to Improve Energy Efficiency in Public Buildings
The Metropolitan Mayors Caucus has teamed up with 360 Energy Group to award funding from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), to help local governments update and retrofit public facilities to improve energy efficiency and save money.
The Metropolitan Mayors Caucus’ Public Sector Energy Efficiency Program combines expertise and streamlines programs to help local governments by:
- Identifying energy efficiency improvements. Technical experts will assess your facilities and recommend optimal improvements;
- Completing assessments, technical reports and bid specifications for you;
- Providing direct grant and application assistance to help you take advantage of all state and private funding available to pay for energy efficiency improvements and;
- Offering the opportunity to participate in bulk purchasing. By aggregating the energy efficiency needs on behalf of all participating communities you can buy materials and labor at the lowest cost.
To date we have helped 45 public entities secure more than $2 million for energy efficiency improvements. These improvements are reducing electricity use by over 7 million kWh, natural gas use by more than 125,000 therms, and avoiding over 7 million pounds of CO2 pollution every year.
Grants typically range from $2,000 to $50,000 and are dependent on the expected energy savings. Payback period for investment is usually between 1 and 5 years.
Municipalities, park districts, townships and other local governments are invited to participate. Proposal forms are due by October 31, 2013. Early proposals are encouraged. Lighting projects for municipal buildings received by September 12th may be eligible for significant additional funding. Also, all projects completed by October 31, 2013 are eligible for an additional 10% bonus.
- Review the full RFP.
- Please tell us about your public building energy efficiency needs by completing the Proposal Form.
Mike Stanch, 360 Energy Group, at 312-403-5835 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Edith Makra, Metropolitan Mayors Caucus, at 312-201-4506 or email@example.com